1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bridesmaid Shoes Problem

Discussion in 'Wedding Advice' started by Julian, 17 June 2016.

1. Julian

Julian New Member

Heads up! I'm a shoe fanatico! I began planning for my wedding last January. Since I wanted to have a perfect wedding. So, I'm thinking that preparation is the key.

I invited my best friend to be a bridesmaid since she plays an important part of our love story and the fact that she is my best friend. But then, she declined the invitation because she's on her dissertation for Med School with that reason, I perfectly understand. So I moved on with the preparation of all dresses and shoes. Call me the perfectionist or obsessive compulsive type but I want everything matched. Dresses and shoes for that matter. When everything was settled, my best friend called me and suddenly she wants in. Well, it's really not a problem until I found out that the shoe that I chose for my bridesmaid are not available. Tried calling the manufacturer and other online shops but still there no similar design. I can’t possibly pick a new shoe style now that all of my girls have theirs! What do I do? Am I just freaking out for no reason?!”

#1 Julian, 17 June 2016
    Last edited: 17 June 2016
  2. Joy Marie

Joy Marie New Member

Hi Julian,

I think you can have yours customized. A lot of shoe shops are doing that. If you just wanted 1 pair to match everyone. I think It would not be necessary to change everyone shoes. A lot of shops are already offering services for customized shoe. Just have yours patterned to other girls shoe.

You can check stores via online or you can post it on social media and ask your friends. I know they'll have an idea. Dont stress yourself too much with a shoe. Big day ahead so cheer up girl. :)

3. Julian

Julian New Member

Hi Joy,

Fortunately we found a way. The wedding was last September, we figured out our shoe problem. Yes! You're right! we have a friend who knew someone that customized shoes. Thank goodness the materials were not hard to find. So, were all good. The wedding was a success. So, for now I'm a full time "Mrs". I'll have my story and my preparation shared to this forum when I really got the chance to write it. But, the long preparation really helps a lot, since Im a hands on bride. I check everything. :) All those preparations were not in vain. It was a success.

4. Joy Marie

Joy Marie New Member

Hola Julian,

I believe it was an awesome wedding. Thinking how you are well prepared and a hands-on bride you are. I'm happy that the shoe problem was resolved. Please share us more of your stories next time. We cant wait to read it. I know this is late. But still wanted to say congratulations to you and your partner. Welcome to married life. :)