1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DIY Trends

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Louise, 13 July 2016.

1. Louise

Louise New Member

There will always be a crafty side in us. Being crafty may sometimes come in handy. From center piece, souvenirs, themes , accessories , save the date cards, invitation, thank you cards, etc. These things can be " Do It Your Own" . You can still wow your guest for less but just make sure that you have lots of time to work it out. Doing it can be your stressor or stress reliever on your preparations.

One good thing about DIY is that you can create your own masterpiece. If you could pull it off it would be much memorable. Since every wedding are held on a different season and of different themes you can always play with your imagination. Be crafty! Paint! Paste! Curve! Cut! Enjoy the preparation as much as you could. After all its your big day. You can do anything and everything!

2. Julian

Julian New Member

I made my own wedding invitations! . You're right its a stress reliever from my experience. Many of my guest asked where I ordered it. And when I said I made it myself. They we're in awe. Since, it's also handmade. Makes it more special. Even my thank you cards and save the date cards are all DIY's.

I suggest to those bride to be, if you are crafty as me.. You can have it your way. After all its your big day. :)

3. Laura

Laura New Member

My cousins wedding theme is somewhat a "pin up girl kind of theme". We uses feathers and glittery cloth for her invitation. It was an awesome experience, doing it ourselves plus we get the chance to bond together before the wedding. It was also fun!

4. Astrid

Astrid New Member

I love DIY-ing, aside from leveling down the stress by having Do It Your own activity. It also helps out on the cost for the bride and groom to-be. In my sisters wedding, we have the fresh flower corsage for sponsors on a DIY. They were beautiful and its cheaper compare to buying it to suppliers. Very cost effective and creative.

5. Victoria

Victoria New Member

Hi Everyone,

I believe this is the right venue on sharing my suggestion and my personal experience in DIY-ing my wedding bouquet.

I bought stargazer and pink roses in a local flower shop in my area and arrange it beautifully. Put on a silver straps and golden twine and voila! You have your own elegant and gorgeous wedding bouquet. The most memorable thing about it is. You've done it on your own. Its elegant yet not costly.