1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wedding in Maui, Hawaii

Discussion in 'Destination Wedding Planning' started by Louise, 12 July 2016.

1. Louise

Louise New Member

Just got engaged! Im an african American and my fiancee lives in Hawaii , so i guess both cultures like beaches.

If somehow, someone could help me out about the wedding preparations I just have few questions.

1. Can I get married at a different resort than where I am staying?

2. What are the different types of ceremonies I can choose from for my wedding?

3. Can I bring down my own wedding décor items and favors?

4. Is there Tuxedo rental available in the island?

5. When will I receive my marriage certificate?

These were only few of the questions that currently have in mind. If you guys have any idea. Please comment below. Thanks in advance.

2. Divine

Divine Moderator

I get the chance to attend a wedding of a friend in Hawaii.

I can help you with question number 1 about getting married from a resort different from where you are staying since, that exactly happened to us.

This is actually based on our real experience from there. NO, you CANT get married from a different resort from where you are staying, that why your best option is always to prepare and book early to avoid this kind of situation. And one good thing about having a wedding to a resort in where you are staying is you can get different packages for the wedding. With ythis it will somehow help out in your budget. My cousin is supposed to get married from a different resort in which we are staying at. She and her husband went there early just to make sure that everything is fine and to check out as well, only to find out that they cant hold the wedding from a different resort. Fortunately, the resort has its own pavilion near the beach front perfect for the beach wedding.

3. Julian

Julian New Member

Ive read to one of the article in Huff Post that, there is actually a lot of wedding ceremony that you could choose from accdg to the couple preferences or beliefs and tradition. You can have the traditional wedding, religious wedding, Intercultural wedding or you can even have a pop culture type of ceremony. You just need to talk it out with your partner and from there you can both decide. After all it's you wedding. :)

4. Victoria

Victoria New Member

Bride and Groom MUST appear together in person before a Hawaii licensing and agent present a valid government photo ID. The application requires the name of a Minister (Marriage Performer) licensed in Hawaii.

To obtain a License during non-business hours, or without going into town, call a recommended agent below to schedule an appointment. Callers: Please check for time zone differences!!! Hawaii does NOT observe daylight savings time. You will need to get to their location on your own.